How do I start, what do you need, what is the process?
We make your self-publishing journey simpler because we only provide you with what you need after we assess your manuscript - you do not have to purchase a package. Remember, we are here to be of service and will be with you every step of the way, helping you become an Author/Publisher. Certain aspects of the publishing process can be done by yourself and we are happy to give you that choice. So here is the process:
1. You provide us with your files and explain simply what you want from the project. We are more than happy to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, if you wish us to do so.
2. We give you a quote on the development, based solely on your needs. We will also provide you with other recommendations we have to ensure your Book / Ebook can be the best it can be and any tips on minimising your costs (i.e. file generation tips).
3. If need be, we will contact you to have a more in-depth discussion at this point to ensure your project meets your expectations and how it should be handled.
4. You approve the final quote and pay the deposit. We operate on a system whereby you pay 50% upfront and pay the balance when you have signed off on final digital print ready files.
5. We develop the Book / Ebook files and send them to you for review. We have a checklist which will help you to assess the preview files too.
6. You review the files and either submit design revisions or approve them.
7. We can even help you upload them to your printer, e-aggregators etc.
That's it! Publishing is meant to be an enjoyable process so our development process is designed to be very client-friendly and we will communicate with you at every step of the process. We are only a phone call or email away.
Can you undertake my legal requirements for me?
Yes we are more than happy to do this for you and we charge you an service /admin fee to undertake the tasks. You will pay for the actual costs through the relevant organisations (barcodes and isbns).
What is a legal deposit?
Legal Deposit is a requirement under the Copyright Act 1968 for publishers and self publishing authors to deposit a copy of any work published in Australia with the National Library (or library of Congress in US) and when applicable, the deposit libraries in your home state. Legal Deposit ensures that Australian publications are preserved for use now and in the future. We are happy to undertake this task for you and a service fee applies.